Beaufort Business Association is sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet and is committed to protecting your privacy on our website. \
Beaufort Business Association takes any reasonable precautions to keep all information obtained from our online visitors secure against unauthorized access and use and we periodically review our security measures. We have established the following guidelines to explain the way in which we use information gathered from visitors to our website.
What information does Beaufort Business Association collect?
In general, you can access VisitBeaufortNC.com on the web to access information while remaining anonymous and not revealing any personal information. There are times, however, that we will ask you to provide certain information (such as your name and e-mail address) so that we may understand you better and provide you with information on any new products or services that you might be interested in. Our web server may also collect the domain names, but not the e-mail addresses, of visitors to our website. We use information to monitor and assist us in improving the content on our website.
How will Beaufort Business Association protect your personal information?
Forms you fill out to interact with our business may request that you give us sensitive information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address or telephone number. Whenever that is the case, Beaufort Business Association will take commercially reasonable steps to establish a secure connection with your web browser. For areas within our site which conduct electronic commerce, credit card numbers are used only for payment processing through a secure server and will not be disclosed to any third parties. You must be 18 years or older to submit any personal information.
Note that our website contains links to other non-Beaufort Business Association websites. Although we try to link only to websites that share our concern for customer information privacy, we are not responsible for their content or their privacy practices.
Beaufort Business Association Linking Policy
Please feel free to provide direct hyperlinks from your website to any public (not password accessed) webpage at VisitBeaufortNC.com. All our web pages can be reached by starting at https://visitbeaufortnc.com. We require that any such links be either through:
- A text link containing our domain name, or
- A graphic banner logo seen on the linked page and the top of this page. The use of any other linking methods is not licensed by Beaufort Business Association.
- Hyperlinks should either transfer visitors’ full screen to VisitBeaufortNC.com, (not in a frame belonging to another site), or the link should launch VisitBeaufortNC.com website (preferably our homepage) in a new browser window. We require that VisitBeaufortNC.com, HTML pages and content do not appear within the frames of others, nor accompanied in any way by third-party material that may create a mistaken impression in the mind of the viewer about VisitBeaufortNC.com, affiliation with, or endorsement of, the third-party site or their frame.
- Beaufort Business Association and VisitBeaufortNC.com logo sand related slogans, which are legally protected trademarks, should never be removed from HTML pages on which they appear, nor be associated with any third party we have not approved in writing, in advance. Our web pages should always appear exactly as we have posted them.
- Alternatively, you could download and reprint information from our site, but we prefer being provided with a hyperlink instead. By linking directly to us, visitors to your website will be given access to the most up-to-date version of VisitBeaufortNC.com information possible.
- Of course, all VisitBeaufortNC.com site content is copyrighted by Beaufort Business Association with all rights reserved. Feel free to use it as you like, if Beaufort Business Association gets prominent credit as the source.
- However, Beaufort Business Association does not allow links with sites that:
- Breach other’s rights to privacy or confidentiality
- Promote illegal, fraudulent, or unlawful activities.
- Are defamatory, libelous, offensive, or obscene
- Promote hatred of any group
- Breach common “Netiquette”
Beaufort Business Association is always happy to have other sites provide a link to ours if these general policies are respected. We follow these policies ourselves, so the links we provide to other sites respect the legitimate interests of others in their intellectual property, bandwidth, and corporate resources. We support good Netiquette and encourage the hospitality and restaurant community to do the same.